Mental health is a growing concern for us all and it is important to determine who you want to administer your financial affairs in the event that you lose capacity.
We regularly advise on and prepare Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs). LPAs set out who a person’s attorneys shall be if they no longer have capacity to administer their own financial affairs or make decisions regarding their health and welfare.
We can help and advise on:
- The preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney for both property and financial affairs, and health and welfare
- The guidance and restrictions you may wish to place on your attorneys when dealing with your financial affairs
- The consequences of decisions regarding your health and welfare including important end of life decisions
- The powers your attorneys will have once appointed
- What to do if you have assets or family members in other countries
- Conflicts arising out of disagreements between family members regarding your power of attorney
- The registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney with the Office of the Public Guardian
If you wish to speak to a member of our team and discuss how we can be of further assistance to you, please contact Vanessa Kemp, Partner.