UK resident non-domiciliaries are eligible to claim the “remittance basis”, a favourable regime under which an individual is taxed on UK income and gains in the normal way, but is exempt from tax on non-UK income and capital gains unless they are brought to the UK. We can help and advise on all aspects of the remittance basis and remittance planning, including:
- How you can take advantage of the remittance basis and traps to watch out for
- Generating “clean capital” for tax-free spending in the UK
- How to claim and how much it costs
- The remittance basis and offshore trusts, whether you are the settlor, a beneficiary or the trustee
- Claiming loss relief on offshore losses
- How the new non-domicile rules affect the remittance basis
If you wish to speak to a member of our team and discuss how we can be of further assistance to you, please contact Marilyn McKeever, Partner, or Jonathan Colclough, Partner.