Large gifts to a trust during your lifetime can be subject to high Inheritance Tax charges, but trusts can still play a vital role in succession planning.
Important uses include:
- Will trusts to manage a child’s inheritance
- Peace of mind in modern family scenarios: how to provide for a second spouse whilst preserving assets for the children of the first marriage
- Managing funds for disabled and vulnerable beneficiaries
- Holding life assurance policies to cater for the Inheritance Tax charge on the life assured’s death
- Holding pension benefits
- Efficient succession planning for businesses, unquoted shares and farms
If you wish to speak to a member of our team and discuss how we can be of further assistance to you, please contact Robert Smeath, Partner, or Flora Hussey, Associate.