A globally mobile executive may have pension funds in a number of jurisdictions (including the UK) and/or may have funds in an offshore pension plan based in a low tax jurisdiction. Bona fide international plans are caught by anti-avoidance rules that can have draconian tax implications. Together with your financial advisor we can help and advise on:
- The UK taxation of benefits from your pension schemes
- The application of the remittance basis to pensions
- The timing of benefits and the best way to receive them
- The importance of double taxation treaties to avoid a double tax charge
- The export of your UK pension scheme
If you wish to speak to a member of our team and discuss how we can be of further assistance to you, please contact Marilyn McKeever, Partner, or Aimee Mitchell, Partner.