New Quadrant Quiz raises over £7,000 for charity, Food for the Brain
25 April 2022
The start of the new tax year was also the date for the fourth New Quadrant quiz, halted in its commitment to be being an annual event by the pandemic.
This year, however, we were delighted to be back on track and at the Sway Bar, Holborn where we raised over £7,000 for the charity, Food for the Brain. This is the firm’s current nominated charity which aims to raise awareness of nutrition for mental wellbeing and brain health. See our website news post from January 2021.
We would like to thank all those who helped to make the evening such a success, but in particular:
– the fourteen organisations entering teams with congratulations to the winning team from Delfin Private Office and Sanders and runners-up JHA and to the team from Harbottle and Lewis who were winners of funniest quiz team name which was “Last Will Smith and Testament”;
– the other non-participating organisations for their financial support and individual team members for their personal donations on the night and the enthusiastic purchasing of raffle tickets;
– the businesses which generously donated raffle prizes: the Rosewood Hotel, Apex Hotels, St Austell Brewery, Brasserie Blanc, Smythson, Chalk Stream Trout, Rose Du B Illustrations, Experience Days, Benefit, Sea Island Coffee and the charity itself;
– our Quiz mistress Vic of Quizolation for her challenging but enjoyable choice of questions and professional compering of the evening; and
– the organising team including Claire and Meera from Food for the Brain and their hard work.
If you would like to find out more about the work of Food for the Brain, or wish to make a donation, please visit the charity’s website.