Dual residency and cross-border employment-related taxation
This matter involved advising a non-UK resident and domiciled client on the UK system before he became UK tax resident including:
- When he would become UK tax resident
- Where he would be resident under the double tax treaty
- Application of PAYE and National Insurance contributions on employment income
- Advice on how various UK taxes would apply to the offshore trust structure he settled
- Dovetailing the advice with that of the other jurisdiction to find the optimum solution
Jonathan has built an enviable international practice, and is the first port of call for many advisors in the UHNW space thanks to his detailed knowledge and experience, his commercial approach, and his ability to deliver results every time he is instructed.